Welcome to Bluejacket Connections, the first podcast for Cambridge-Isanti Schools! The purpose of this podcast is:
To provide Cambridge-Isanti Schools’ staff with district updates, to celebrate good news, and to feature educational insights.
The podcast is broken into three segments:
- Bluejacket Update: News, Happenings & Announcements
- Main Content
- Final Thoughts & Comments
I do hope you enjoy the podcast!
Dr. Ray Queener
Superintendent of Cambridge-Isanti Schools
Superintendent Dr. Ray Queener invites special guest Rima Silver, Isanti Primary School second grade teacher, for the first episode of Bluejackets Connections in 2017. The New Year is a time of goal-setting and resolutions and starting fresh. Dr. Queener and Rima talk about living with aim in all facets of your life as they reflect on Chase Mielke’s ultimate goal mindset to “help self, to help others to help others.” The way you live your life matters and getting to where you want to go takes purposeful intent. As Rima says, “There’s nothing wrong with starting over” to get there.
- I think it really means how you can reach out and help others. I think the added bonus that you have is you’re helping others and you’re reaching out to them is your forming those positive relationships. Rima
- One thing Chase talks about is live as if you’ll die tomorrow, learn as if you’ll live forever. @Queener1
- It is searching for that one character trait that just sucks you in and loves each and every child and I just cherish those bonds and I keep coming back year after year because it’s just the joy that the kids bring to the classroom and the overall growth they experience throughout the year. Rima
- The thing that I connected to in accomplishing goals is making time in your calendar. @Queener1
- I think it’s everything that you do in your daily life. It’s taking care of your responsibilities. It’s showing compassion toward others. It’s showing honest in your actions and your deeds. And just demonstrating how to be a good person in daily life. Rima
- John Maxwell says if we aim at nothing any road will take us there. @Queener1
- There’s nothing wrong with starting over and trying to work toward that goal. Toward that intention, toward what is that dream you have for yourself. The most important thing is that you are always looking forward and moving in that positive direction. Rima